Check UAN EPF balance, passbook on Umang app
The central government of India has announced official launch of the Umang app. Umang stands for Unified Mobile Application and is the latest innovation of the Indian government. The new mobile application has been launched for numerous government aided services. With the launch of this app the central government has made its aim of getting connected to Digital India platform, for its services.
The latest mobile app Umang was launched by the Shree Prasad (Union Minister for the Country) on 5th Nov 2017. The news and announcement related to the launch was made officially by the minister via Social Media – micro blogging site.
Key features of Umang Mobile Application
The central government of India has already stated that the new mobile application will be available for people to use for free. Via the new application the government will ensure that people are regularly connected to government scheme and services via digital platform. As the mobile app can be used on digital platform so it will also be supported by Android and iOS. Some best and unique key features of Umang app are listed here below:-
- Development Details – The new mobile application was developed by Electronics Ministry and Information Technology department. The application is meant to reflect the features of the present time governance system. It is linked with division of e-Governance (NeGD).
- Umang and services offered – With the launch of the new application, the central government aims at connecting the people of the country with over 100 different government schemes. As most people present use mobile gadgets, so just by single click they can collect relevant information and details about any government scheme, facilities, agencies, local body information and e-governance information.
- Platform – According to updates from IT sector and Ministry, the mobile application will presently be supported by three digital platforms – Apple store, Play store (Google) and Windows. Officially you can also down load the mobile application and install it on your mobile devices from official website of EPFO. The moment you log on to this web portal you shall find the download link for the app.
- Website – To make use of Umang services you have to log on to the official website https://web.umang.gov.in/web/#/ . Using the link you can download or even access your Umang account.
Services under UMANG app
When using the Umang app you can collect information or check status for various government scheme like PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana), NPS (national Pension Scheme), Bharat gas services, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education). You can collect more information about services offered at https://web.umang.gov.in/web/#/services, from your web browser.
How to check EPF balance through Umang App
- Umang mobile app offers with convenience to users for getting connected to their PF accounts and checking with balance information, passbook details and other relevant features.
- Using the application it is easy for any users to place their claims for withdrawing pension amount or claim for making final withdrawal. In order to make use of this service, users will have to provide with their Aadhar card details.
- It is also possible for users to check with past claims made with PF settlement account using the application. For checking with this you may not have to link Aadhar to your account.
- This special app is one of its kind that can be used by users for verifying information related to their EPF accounts. Previously government had offered with m-EPF app for providing with similar services.
How to logging and download Umang app
- You can officially log in to the web portal using the link provided above. The moment you have download then you will have to install the app on your mobile phone.
- On installing the app you just have to open your account from your registered mobile phone. You have to verify your account by providing OTG number code sent on your mobile.
- You have to enter the OTG and then claim for verification to be completed. To finally get registered users are expected to submit security question along with answer. This will prove helpful in recovering the ID or PW at the time of need.
- It is also possible for users to access their account even if they have forgotten their password or ID. Next users are expected to provide with their Aadhar card details to get it linked.
- As linking your Aadhar card is not yet mandatory so it is possible for you to omit this particular step for now.
- When completed, you just have to submit the form by clicking submit option from your mobile phone device. At any time users can also check with account details from their mobile phones by providing log in credentials.
At this time, you may only find very few services offered by the central government under Umang app. As the app is newly launched so the government aims at offering with better options and services in the later stages.